The Princeton Mill Homeowners Association, PMHOA, is an integral part of the subdivision. The neighborhood is governed by a board of directors made up of residents that is designed to create covenants and bylaws to make the subdivision desirable for prospective residents and keep property values at a premium for current residents.
The PMHOA Board of Directors is available to hear concerns of the neighborhood, and if necessary, take appropriate action. Positions on the board include president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, social chair, tennis chair, grounds chair, swim chair, membership chair, and a representative from neighboring Weddington, which shares the Princeton Mill pool and tennis facilities. Click here to view HOA board role responsibilities.
Board meetings are held throughout the year, and an annual meeting of all residents is held in late November or early December.
All homeowners should frequently review the covenants and by laws, and understand the standards that apply to their home. These legal documents protect your rights as a homeowner, and also set forth the accountability for the Homeowners Association. Attached are the most recent covenants and by-laws, as well as "Exhibit E" which outlines standards for home maintenance, improvements, etc.
- Princeton Mill Homeowners Association Covenants: This is the legal document that lays out the guidelines for our planned community. The covenants are recorded in Cobb county records and are legally binding. This means that when you purchase a home in Princeton Mill, you automatically become a member of the HOA. Basically, the covenants are the “rules” of our neighborhood, and are designed to protect overall property values, ensure resident safety, and create harmony in architecture and design. They govern what you can, cannot, or must do with respect to your home. It is also typical for HOA covenants to regulate things such as clotheslines, fences, TV antennas/satellite dishes, and garbage cans. The HOA may impose penalties for any violations, so it’s important to understand the covenants and ask questions to board members whenever you have planned changes or concerns.
- Princeton Mill Homeowners Association Amended Covenants Nov 2000: Update to the HOA covenants
- Princeton Mill Exhibit E: Taken from the HOA covenants, this is the primary list of legal standards for all homeowners in Princeton Mill
- Princeton Mill Homeowners Association By-laws : This document establishes the legal entity of the Princeton Mill HOA, a nonprofit corporation. The HOA is established to manage the Princeton Mill community, and is governed by a board of directors (who are elected by the members). The bylaws govern how the HOA operates and contain the information needed to run the HOA as a business. For example, the bylaws cover matters such as how often the HOA holds meetings, the duties of the various offices of the board of directors, and membership voting rights.
- Princeton Mill Homeowners Association Amendment to Covenants Oct 2017: Update to the HOA covenants
Please take the time to familiarize yourself with both the covenants and the bylaws, so that you are aware of any neighborhood restrictions and you fully understand how our community operates.